Over the years I’ve gathered material that ‘might be useful some day’. However, I have not always been careful in recording the detail for proper attribution of that potentially useful material. Trawling through ‘the archives’ early yesterday morning I recovered Paul’s Ten New Year’s Resolutions for the church in Colossae, based on Colossians 3:12-17 and attributed only to ‘Stan’. I can’t be certain who that Stan might be (I have an idea) but I’m grateful for his work nevertheless. Thank you, Stan.
The ten from Colossians 3:12-17 are:
As God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved,
1. clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.
2. Bear with one another and,
3. if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other;
just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
4. Above all, clothe yourselves with love,
which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
5. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts,
to which indeed you were called in the one body.
6. And be thankful.
7. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly;
8. teach and admonish one another in all wisdom;
9. and with gratitude in your hearts sing psalms, hymns,
and spiritual songs to God.
10. And whatever you do, in word or deed,
do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.
More for Christmas 1C …